Makes 8 servings
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
- 680 gr or 1½ pounds ground beef
- 15 ml or 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 115 gr or 1 (4 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 80 ml or ⅓ cup crushed fried pork skins
- 2 eggs
- 20 gr or 2½ tablespoons chili powder
- 15 gr or 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 6 gr or 1 tablespoon garlic pepper seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 190° C or 375° F
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce. tomato sauce, crushed pork skins, and eggs.
- Season with chili powder, garlic salt, and garlic pepper.
- Mix until well blended.
- Form into a loaf, and place into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Let stand for at least 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Note 1: This is a great alternative meatloaf for people on high-protein low-carb diets.
Note 2:Too salty? Leave out the fried pork skins, and replace them by chopped onions and chopped mushrooms, also leave out the tablespoon of garlic salt and substitute it with a freshly crushed clove of garlic.
Amount Per Serving Main recipe
Total Fat 25.4g
Saturated Fat 10.1g
Sodium 1115mg 45 %
Total Carbohydrates 3g
Dietary Fiber 1.1g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band persons can eat only half a portion max !
PDF of this recipe: 20130404-All-Protein-Meatloaf