Makes 2 servings
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
- 15 ml or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 225 gr or ½ pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 120 ml or ½ cup chicken stock
- 15 ml or 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 15 ml or 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 20 gr or 1½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 gr or 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 8 gr or 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 4 gr or 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in the chicken breast.
- Cook the chicken breast until no longer pink in the center.
- Transfer cooked chicken to a plate.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the chicken stock, light soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, curry powder, and cornstarch.
- Set aside.
- Using the same skillet, cook and stir the onion over medium heat until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the green and red bell peppers and cook for 2 minutes, then add the ginger and cook for another minute.
- Stir in the chicken stock mixture and the cooked chicken breast.
- Cook until the sauce has thickened.
- Drop mango in and cook until the mango is heated through.
Note: Add some mushrooms and served it with coconut rice.
Amount Per Serving Main recipe.
Total Fat 9.1g
Saturated Fat 1.6g
Total Carbohydrates 42g
Dietary Fiber 5g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band persons can eat only half a portion max !
PDF of this recipe: 20130228-Malaysian-Mango-Chicken-Curry