Makes 12 servings
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
Cool: 1 to 2 hours
- 170 gr or 1 [6 ounce] package wild rice
- 180 gr or ¾ cup low fat mayonnaise
- 5 ml or 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 4 gr or 1 teaspoon white sugar
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 280 gr or 2 cups cooked, cubed turkey meat
- 25 gr or ¼ cup diced green onion
- 160 gr or 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 170 gr or 6 ounces blanched slivered almonds
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Stir in rice, turkey, onion and grapes until evenly coated with dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Before serving, sprinkle slivered almonds over the top of the salad.
Note 1: You can use either turkey or chicken. You can serve it plain, on salad greens, or in a pita. It’s very versatile.
Note 2: If in season, try substituting black cherries for the grapes.
Note 3: Toast the almonds before adding it to the salad and it adds a great flavor.
Amount Per Serving Main recipe.
Total Fat 13.4g
Saturated Fat 1.7g
Total Carbohydrates 14.3g
Dietary Fiber 2.1g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band persons can eat only half a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20130117-Wild-Rice-Salad