Roasted Vegetable Medley
Makes 6 servings
- 30 ml or 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large yam, peeled and cut into 2½ cm or 1 inch pieces
- 1 large parsnip, peeled and cut into 2½ cm or 1 inch pieces
- 150 gr or 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 zucchini, cut into 2½ cm or 1 inch slices
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 100 gr or ½ cup roasted red peppers, cut into 2½ cm or 1 inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 gr or ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 gr or ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 gr or ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 220° C or 425° F
- Grease 2 baking sheets with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Place the yams, parsnips, and carrots onto the baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, then add the zucchini and asparagus, and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Continue baking until all of the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes more.
- Once tender, remove from the oven, and allow to cool for 30 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Toss the roasted peppers together with the garlic, basil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until combined.
- Add the roasted vegetables, and toss to mix.
- Serve at room temperature or cold.
Note 1: It’s a great combo to salmon, poached or grilled.
Note 2: Use also zucchini, yellow squash, roma tomatoes, and fresh mushrooms. Bake the yams first, they need the longest time, 30 minutes. Combine the zucchini, squash, tomatoes and mushrooms in a bowl with that leftover spoon of extra virgin olive oil and a splash of balsamic vinegar. Roast them for 25 minutes and serve them warm with shredded parmesan.
Amount Per Serving Main recipe
Total Fat 5g
Saturated Fat 0.7g
Total Carbohydrates 34.6g
Dietary Fiber 7.5g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band persons can eat only half a portion max!
PDF of this recipe: 20130103-Roasted-Vegetables