Makes 8 servings
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
- 450 gr or 1 [16 ounce] package gemelli pasta
- 60 ml or ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 pinch seasoned salt to taste (optional)
- 425 gr or 1 [15 ounce] can sweet peas, with liquid
- 1 bunch fresh basil, chopped
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the green onions, and season with seasoned salt.
- Cook until green onions are golden brown.
- Mix in the peas with liquid and basil, and continue cooking until heated through.
- Toss with cooked pasta to serve.
Note 1: Use a white onion instead of the green.
Note 2: Use frozen instead of canned peas, and add some minced garlic.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 8.1g
Saturated Fat 1.2g
Total Carbohydrates 46.8g
Dietary Fiber 4g
PDF of this recipe: 20121230-Peas-and-Pasta