Makes 6 servings
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 35 minutes
- 450 gr or 1 [16 ounce] package frozen Brussels sprouts, thawed
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1 cm or ¾ inch chunks
- 2 sweet onions, cut into 1 cm or ¾ inch chunks
- 30 ml or 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, or as needed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- zest from 1 lemon
- juice from 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 220° C or 425° F
- Arrange the thawed Brussels sprouts in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet; sprinkle apple and onion pieces evenly around the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the sprouts, apples, and onions with olive oil; sprinkle with salt , freshly grounded black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Toss the mixture gently to coat.
- Roast in the preheated oven until sprouts are hot and fragrant, about 25 minutes.
- Turn the vegetables every 10-15 minutes for even browning.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest, and squeeze juice from zested lemon over the sprouts to serve.
Note: Best to use non-stick foil to line your roasting pan to prevent sticking.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 4.6g
Saturated Fat 0.7g
Total Carbohydrates 12g
Dietary Fiber 2.2g
PDF of this recipe: 20121220-Roasted-Apples-Brussels-Sprouts