Makes 4 servings
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
- 30 gr or 2 tablespoons butter
- 200 gr or 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 400 gr or 1 [14.5 ounce] can chicken broth
- 40 gr or ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 10 gr or ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5 gr or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Melt butter in heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in orzo and saute until lightly browned.
- Stir in chicken stock and bring to boil.
- Cover and reduce heat and simmer until orzo is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mix in Parmesan cheese and basil.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Transfer to shallow bowl.
- Garnish with basil sprigs.
- Serve immediately.
Note 1: Do not leave it unattended on the stove or it might scorch.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 9.4g
Saturated Fat 5.6g
Total Carbohydrates 42.2g
Dietary Fiber 1.8g
PDF of this recipe: 20121209-Orzo-Parmesan-Basil