If Mitsy Romney would do these things as a good mormon too?!
Makes 6 servings
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 50 minutes
- 450 gr or 1 pound kielbasa sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 15 gr or 1 tablespoon butter
- 400 gr or 1 [14 ounce] can beef broth
- 300 gr or 1 [10.75 ounce] can tomato soup
- 350 ml or 1½ cups water
- 210 gr or 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 75 gr or ½ cup diced green bell pepper
- 3 gr or ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 gr or ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 60 gr or ¼ cup sour cream
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook sausage in butter until brown.
- Pour broth, tomato soup and water into pan with sausage.
- Stir in cabbage, onion and bell pepper and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes, or until flavors are well blended.
- Stir in sour cream and heat through before serving.
Note 1: To make it a bit more healthy, omit the butter and simply saute the kielbasa with the onion and then drain off the excess fat.
Note 2: Omit the salt too, both the kielbasa and the broth have already salt in them.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 24.8g
Total Carbohydrates 7.5g
Dietary Fiber 1.1g
PDF of this recipe: 20121025-Kielbasa-Stew