Makes 6 servings
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
- 35 gr or 3½ tablespoons, divided
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 large carrots, sliced
- 700 ml or 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 gr or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 6 gr or 1 teaspoon salt
- 0,1 gr or ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ bay leaf
- 450 gr or 1 pound potatoes, peeled and diced
- 225 gr or ½ pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 120 ml or ½ cup half-and-half
- 15 gr or 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- fresh dill weed, for garnish [optional]
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Mix in leeks and carrots, and cook 5 minutes.
- Pour in broth.
- Season with dill, salt, pepper, and bay leaf.
- Mix in potatoes, cover, and cook 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender but firm.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf.
- Melt the remaining butter in a skillet over medium heat, and sauté the mushrooms 5 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Stir into the soup.
- In a small bowl, mix the half-and-half and flour until smooth.
- Stir into the soup to thicken.
- Garnish each bowl of soup with some fresh dill.
- Note: Substitute sour cream for the half-and-half.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat: 69
Total Fat 7.7g
Total Carbohydrates 21.2g
Dietary Fibre r2.7g
PDF of this recipe: 20121012-Russian-Mushroom-Potato-Soup