Makes 4 servings
Hands-on-time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 120 gr or 4 ounces country bread, cut into 3⁄4-inch pieces
- 15 ml or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 120 ml or ½ cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 head Bibb or Boston lettuce, torn
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 200° C or 400° F.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the bread with the oil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Bake, tossing once, until golden, 7 to 9 minutes.
- Let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, mayonnaise, parsley, garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Add the lettuce, radishes, shallot, and croutons and toss to coat.
Note: Don’t throw away stale bread—save it for making croutons, bread crumbs, or stuffing at a later date. Cut or tear the loaf into bite-size pieces and freeze in an air-tight container for up to 3 months.
Amount Per Serving
Sat Fat 2g
PDF of this recipe: 20120920-Bibb-Radish-Salad