Makes 4 servings
Hands-on-time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 900 gr or2 pounds asparagus (about 2 bunches), trimmed
- 45 ml or3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 60 gr or½ cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 15 ml or 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Heat oven to 230° C or450° F.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the asparagus with 1 tablespoon of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Roast, tossing once, until tender, 8 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the olives, parsley, vinegar, the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Spoon over the asparagus.
Note: The asparagus and vinaigrette can be prepared up to 1 day in advance; refrigerate separately. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Amount Per Serving
Sat Fat 2g
PDF of this recipe: 20120913-Roasted-Asparagus