Makes 4 servings
Hands-on-time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- 30 ml or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 225 gr or ½ pound shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 bunches watercress, thick stems removed [about 6 cups]
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Heat the canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and cook, tossing occasionally, until soft, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger to the skillet and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the watercress and ½ teaspoon salt and cook, tossing, until tender, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Remove from heat, add the sesame oil, and toss to combine.
Note: Like it spicy? Add some heat by stirring in 1 chopped jalapeño or serrano pepper along with the garlic and ginger.
Amount Per Serving
Sat Fat 1g
PDF of this recipe: 20120830-Gingery-Sautéed-Watercress