Makes 4 servings
Total time: 15 minutes
- 60 gr or 2 ounces thin slices prosciutto
- 700 gr or 1½ pounds fresh peas in the pod, shelled [about 2 cups], or 2 cups frozen peas
- 30 ml or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 60 gr or ⅓ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 230° C or 450° F.
- Place the prosciutto in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until beginning to darken, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let cool [the prosciutto will crisp as it cools], then crumble.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the peas and cook until tender, 5 to 7 minutes [1 to 2 minutes if frozen].
- Drain and rinse under cold water to cool.
- In a large bowl, toss the peas with the oil, feta, scallions, prosciutto, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
Note: Don’t want to turn on the oven? The prosciutto can also be crisped in a skillet: Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook for 2 minutes per side.
PDF of this recipe: 20120816-Pea-Feta-Prosciutto