Makes 4 servings
Hands-on-time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- ¼ avocado, pitted
- 75 ml or ½ cup buttermilk
- 10 ml or 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 200 gr or 6 cups mixed lettuces [such as red leaf, watercress, and baby bok choy]
- 40 gr or ⅓ cup shelled roasted pistachios
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a food processor, process the avocado, buttermilk, vinegar, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper until smooth.
- Drizzle the lettuces with the dressing and sprinkle with the pistachios.
Note: The dressing can be made up to 3 days in advance; refrigerate, covered.
PDF of this recipe: 20120809-Lettuces-Avocado-Pistachios