Makes 4 servings
Hands-on-time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- 30 ml or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 30 ml or 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 225 gr or ½ pound sugar snap peas, trimmed and thinly sliced
- ½ English cucumber, sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, ginger, sugar, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the snap peas, cucumber, and shallot and toss to combine.
Note: Try adding a handful of fresh herbs, such as mint, basil, or cilantro, for extra freshness.
PDF of this recipe: 20120802-Snap-Peas