Makes 4 servings
Hands-on-time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 10 gr or 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 30 ml or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 900 gr or 2 pounds asparagus [2 bunches], trimmed and cut into 5 cm or2-inch pieces
- 5 gr or 1 teaspoon thinly sliced lemon zest
- 35 gr or 1 ounce Parmesan, shaved
- salt and black pepper
- Heat oven to 180° C or 350° F.
- Spread the pine nuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast, tossing once, until golden, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the asparagus and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, tossing occasionally, until tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the pine nuts and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with the lemon zest and Parmesan.
Note 1: You can also grill the asparagus in this recipe. Toss the whole asparagus with the oil, salt, and pepper. Grill over medium heat until tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Cut into 5 cm or 2-inch lengths and top with the lemon zest and Parmesan.
Note 2: Toss in a can of tuna with the asparagus and put the whole thing over some pasta. So fast, easy and delicious!
PDF of this recipe: 20120726-Lemony-Asparagus