Makes 4 servings
Hands-on-time: 20 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 700 gr or 1½ pounds fresh peas in the pod, shelled [about 2 cups], or 2 cups frozen peas
- 30 ml or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 gr or ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 15 gr or ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 5 ml or 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- If using fresh peas, fill a large saucepan with salted water and bring to a boil.
- Add the peas and cook until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes; drain.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add the peas, garlic, curry powder, and ¼ teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and warmed through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cilantro and lime juice and toss to combine.
Note 1: To defrost frozen peas quickly, place them in a colander and run them under cold water until thawed.
Note 2:Great with grilled steak and the Herb Potato Salad
PDF of this recipe: 20120719-Spiced-Peas