Makes 4 servings
Hands-on-time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 780 gr or 1½ pounds new potatoes [about 15], halved if large
- 30 gr or ½ cup chopped fresh herbs [flat-leaf parsley, tarragon, and chives]
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 30 ml or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 15 ml or 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 15 ml or 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Fill a large saucepan with 2.5 cm or 1 inch of water and fit with a steamer basket; bring the water to a boil.
- Place the potatoes in the basket, cover, and steam until tender, 12 to 14 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together the herbs, scallions, oil, mustard, vinegar, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Add the cooked potatoes and toss to combine.
Note 1: Tossing the potatoes with the dressing while they are still hot helps them absorb the flavors.
Note 2: Great with grilled salmon.
PDF of this recipe: 20120712-Herb-Potato-Salad