- 15 ml or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 300 gr or 10 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 180 ml or ¾ cup heavy cream
- 250 gr or 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 gr or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 500 gr or 1 [17.25 oz] package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 175° C or 350° F
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms, onion and bacon; cook and stir for about 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and add the cream and dill; cook and stir for about 10 more minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the cheese.
- Place one sheet of puff pastry on a well oiled baking sheet, and pour the mushroom filling over the top.
- Cover with the other sheet, and press the edges together to seal. Make some holes in the top with a fork.
- Brush the top with beaten egg.
- Bake for about 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
- Cool, then cut into squares to serve.
Note 1: Leftovers can be frozen for a later date.
Note 2: Vegetarian version: leave out the bacon.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 32.3g
Total Carbs: 21.7g
Dietary Fiber: 1.1g
PDF of this recipe: 20120322-Mushroom-Pie