Makes 4 servings
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
- 30 ml or 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 240 gr or 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced white onions
- 15 gr or 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 720 gr or 4 cups seeded, chopped plum tomatoes
- 350 ml or 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 95 gr or 2/3 cup sliced stuffed green olives
- 35 gr or 1/4 cup drained capers
- 0.5 gr or 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4x 170 gr or 6 ounce fillets sea bass
- 30 gr or 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 gr or 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute onions until soft. Stir in garlic, and saute about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, and cook until they begin to soften. Stir in wine, olives, capers, and red pepper flakes. Heat to a simmer.
- Place sea bass into sauce. Cover, and gently simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Transfer fish to a serving plate, and keep warm.
- Increase the heat, and add butter to sauce.
- Simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Serve sauce over fish.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 19.4g
Total Carbs: 17.4g
Dietary Fiber: 3.9g
PDF of this recipe: 03-1_Eat_The_Season_Sea-Bass