Makes 2 servings
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into long ribbons
- 55 gr or 2 ounce samphire, blanched
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 100 gr or 3.5 ounce cockles
- 2 tbsp white wine
- Place the cucumber ribbons, samphire, dill, vinegar, oil and sugar into a large bowl, stir well and leave for ten minutes for the flavours to infuse.
- Place the cockles into a pan over a medium heat, add the wine, cover with a lid and leave for 2-3 minutes, or until all the shells have opened.
- Discard any that haven’t opened or have broken shells.
- To serve, add the cockles to the salad and mix well.
PDF of this recipe: 02-4_Eat_The_Season_Cockles