Spaghetti and Clams
Makes 4 servings
- 225 gr or ½ pound uncooked pasta
- 55 gr or ¼ cup butter
- 85 gr or ½ cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 450 gram or 2 (8 ounce) cans [chopped] clams, drained with juices reserved
- 15 gr or ¼ cup fresh parsley, minced
- 30 ml or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Stir in onion and garlic, and cook 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add clams, stirring frequently for 3 minutes, or until clams are lightly browned. Stir in parsley, olive oil, and reserved clam juice mixed with enough water to equal 475 ml or 2 cups liquid.
- Increase heat and bring to a low boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over pasta with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 27.8g
Total Carbs: 34g
Dietary Fiber: 1.4g