– Chez Pierre
Low Cal Recipe
Makes 6 servings
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 30 gram or 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 gram or 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 gram or 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 45 gram or 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
- 120 ml or 1/2 cup water
- 25 gram or 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 30 ml or 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 30 ml or 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 gram or 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 gram or 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 gram or 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 gram or 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 0.6 ml or 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a shallow dish or bowl, combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and ground black pepper.
- Coat chicken breasts with flour mixture.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat, and brown chicken on all sides.
- Remove from skillet, and drain on paper towels.
- In the same skillet, combine the tomatoes, water, brown sugar, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce.
- Season with salt, chili powder, mustard, celery seed, garlic and hot pepper sauce.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and return chicken to skillet.
- Cover, and simmer until chicken is tender, no longer pink and juices run clear.
Serve with brown rice, whole wheat spaghetti or slices of whole wheat bread.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 7.8g
Total Carbs: 14.8g
Dietary Fiber: 1.3g