Pork Chops with Fennel Seed
Low Carb recipe
Makes 4 servings
- 4 pork chops
- 35 gram or 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 6 gram or 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 235 ml or 1 cup white wine
- 15 ml or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sprinkle garlic salt on both sides of the pork chops. The garlic salt should pretty well cover the chops.
- Pour a little olive oil or other cooking oil into a skillet. Put the pork chops in the frying pan and place fennel seeds on top of the pork chops. 10 to 15 fennel seeds per pork chop will probably do.
- Let the underside of the pork chop brown then turn over. Once both sides are browned flip again.
- Pour the wine into frying pan; cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer for 10 minutes and flip the pork chops over.
- Cover them again and let them simmer for another 10 minutes. Make sure the wine doesn’t completely evaporate or the pork chops will burn.
- You may have to add a little more wine to the pan.
Serve with brown rice or mashed potatoes and a salad.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 6.5g
Total Carbs: 2.2g
Dietary Fiber: 0.6g