Makes 8 servings
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes
- 175 gr or 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 295 ml or 1¼ cups chicken broth
- 45 ml or 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 30 ml or 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 5 ml or 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 gr or ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 10 gr or ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 165 gr or 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 850 gr or 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a 2 liter or 2 quart or larger sauce pan and stir in the couscous.
- Cover the pot and remove from heat.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, vinegar and cumin.
- Add green onions, red pepper, cilantro, corn and beans and toss to coat.
- Fluff the couscous well, breaking up any chunks.
- Add to the bowl with the vegetables and mix well.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and serve at once or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note: This is a great salad for a buffet, with interesting textures and southwest flavors combined in one delicious salad. Leftovers store well refrigerated for several days.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 5.9g
Cholesterol: < 1mg
Total Carbohydrates: 41.2g
Dietary Fiber: 9.7g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat one serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20150521-GMF-Black-Bean-Couscous-Salad