Makes 4 servings
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
- 1 head fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 40 ml or 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 225 gr or ½ pound cavatelli pasta
- 2 gr or ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ gr or ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 gr or 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot of boiling water, blanch broccoli for about 5 minutes.
- Drain, and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté garlic until lightly golden, being careful not to burn it.
- Add the broccoli and sauté, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes. (Broccoli should be tender yet crisp to the bite)
- Meanwhile, cook cavatelli in a large pot of boiling salted water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente.
- Drain, and place in a large serving bowl.
- Toss with the broccoli, and season with salt and hot pepper flakes.
- Serve with parmesan cheese.
Note 2: Add sliced black olives and anchovies to the broccoli when you sauté it with the garlic.
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat only a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20150326-GMF-Broccoli-Cavatelli