Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: until al dente
- 110 gr or 1 cup seashell pasta
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 30 gr or ½ cup iceberg lettuce, rinsed and chopped
- 170 gr or 1 [6 ounce] can tuna, drained
- 425 gr or 1 [15 ounce] can peas, drained
- 55 gr or ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a medium pot with boiling salted water cook until al dente.
- In a large bowl place the sliced green onions and chopped lettuce.
- Add the drained and cooked pasta, drained tuna, sweet peas, grated Cheddar cheese, and mix well.
- Stir in salad dressing to your liking of creaminess and serve.
Note 1: Add kidney beans as well, which will add some extra color and increase the fibre content.
Note 2: Use defrosted frozen peas, which are very tasty, and add some chopped celery if you have it. Make a dressing of milk, light mayo, a bit of cole slaw dressing if you like for added creaminess and sweetness, and a bit of dill relish or chopped dills with some of the juice. You can also throw in a can of potato sticks to add some crunch. This should be served chilled.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 4g
Total Carbs: 23.1g
Dietary Fiber: 3.8g
PDF of this recipe: 20120628-Tuna-Pasta-Salad