Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes
- 450 gr or 1 (16 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 120 ml or ½ cup sesame oil
- 120 ml or ½ cup soy sauce
- 60 ml or ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 15 ml or 1 tablespoon hot chili oil
- 50 gr or ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, or more if desired
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat.
- Once the water is boiling, stir in the angel hair pasta, and return to a boil.
- Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- Whisk together the sesame oil, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, chili oil, and sugar in a large bowl.
- Toss the pasta in the dressing, then sprinkle with sesame seeds, green onion, and bell pepper.
- Serve warm, or cover and refrigerate for a cold salad.
Note 1: Cut the amount of salt by using low sodium soy sauce.
Note 2: Toast the sesame seeds as well and add them at the end – they give a nice presentation.
Note 3: When served cold the next day the flavors will enhance the taste even more.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 16.8g
Total Carbs: 40.8g
Dietary Fiber: 2.5g
PDF of this recipe: 20120517-Sesame-Noodle-Salad