Makes 4 servings
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Ready: 8 hours 20 minutes
- 60 ml or ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 60 ml or ¼ cup white vinegar
- 100 gr or ½ cup white sugar
- 200 gr or ½ [15 ounce] can green beans, drained
- 200 gr or ½ [15 ounce] can baby peas
- 200 gr or ½ [15 ounce] can white corn, drained
- 30 gr or ½ [2 ounce] jar pimentos, drained
- 60 gr or ½ cup chopped celery
- 85 gr or ½ cup chopped onion
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring oil, vinegar, and sugar to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, and stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the green beans, peas, corn, pimentos, celery, and onion.
- Pour in dressing, and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 8 hours, or overnight.
- Season with salt and pepper,
- Serve chilled.
Note: Make it even more colorful by adding a chopped green bell pepper and 200 gr or ½ [15 ounce] can black beans, drained. You can also substitute the vegetable oil with olive oil.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 11.3g
Total Carbs: 34g
Dietary Fiber: 3.3g
PDF of this recipe: 20120315-Belgian-Salad