Makes 6 servings
Prep: 30 minutes
- 350 gr or 12 ounces cooked and flaked blue crabmeat
- 160 ml or 2/3 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 80 ml or 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 110 gr or 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 165 gr or 1 cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large tomato, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 55 gr or 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 6 plain croissants, split in half
- In a medium bowl, mix together the crabmeat, blue cheese dressing, mayonnaise, bread crumbs, onion, and garlic.
- Gently fold in tomato, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Asiago cheese can be folded into the mixture, or sprinkled over the top when serving.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of the mixture on half of each croissant, and top with the other halves.
Note 1: For those who don’t want to spend the money on fresh crab, you can use canned crabmeat, drain and flake it really well.
Note 2: You can substitute the Asiago with Swiss cheese.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 42g
Total Carbs: 45.5g
Dietary Fiber: 3.2g
PDF of this recipe: 04-1_Eat_The_Season_Crab