Makes 6 servings
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
- 2 slices bacon
- 24 unopened, fresh, live medium oysters
- 270 gr or 1 1/2 cups cooked spinach
- 35 gr or 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 25 gr or 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 4 gr or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3 gr or 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 45 ml or 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 ml or 1 teaspoon anise flavored liqueur
- 910 gr or 4 cups kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 220° C or 450° F
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Clean oysters and place in a large stockpot.
- Pour in enough water to cover oysters; bring the water and oysters to a boil.
- Remove from heat and drain and cool oysters. When cooled break the top shell off of each oyster.
- Using a food processor, chop the bacon, spinach, bread crumbs, green onions, and parsley.
- Add the salt, hot sauce, olive oil and anise-flavored liqueur and process until finely chopped but not pureed, about 10 seconds.
- Arrange the oysters in their half shells on a pan with kosher salt.
- Spoon some of the spinach mixture on each oyster.
- Bake 10 minutes until cooked through, then change the oven’s setting to broil and broil until browned on top.
- Serve hot.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 8.9g
Total Carbs: 7.7g
Dietary Fiber: 1.5g
PDF of this recipe: 03-4_Eat_The_Season_Oyster