Makes 2 servings
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
For the mushrooms and focaccia
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 5-6 young wild garlic leaves, crushed
- 100g/3oz mixed wild mushrooms, peeled and sliced
- 1 small focaccia, sliced in half horizontally, then cut widthways into two slices to make four pieces
For the lemon vinaigrette
- 2 tsp hazelnut oil
- 2 tsp groundnut oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 handfuls of assorted seasonal salad leaves, washed and dried
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp Croglin cheese shavings [or similar mature hard cheese]
- Preheat the grill to a high heat.
- For the mushrooms, heat the butter in a non-reactive frying pan over a medium heat. When the butter is foaming, add the wild garlic leaves and fry for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the mushrooms, reduce the heat, and fry for 3-4 minutes, stirring until golden-brown on all sides.
- Place the focaccia onto a baking sheet and transfer to the hot grill to cook for 20-30 seconds.
- For the lemon vinaigrette, mix the vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl until well combined, then set aside.
- To serve, pile the leaves onto two serving plates, season with salt and freshly ground pepper, then drizzle with some of the lemon vinaigrette.
- Place three or four of the mushroom slices onto each of the toasted focaccia slices.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper, then add a splash of the vinaigrette and top with a tablespoon of the cheese shavings.
- Arrange two of the focaccia on each plate, next to the salad leaves.
PDF of this recipe: 03-2_Eat_The_Season_Wild-Garlic