Breakfast Tortilla Wrap
Makes 1 serving
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes
- 1 slice turkey bacon
- 2 Tsp chopped green sweet pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper [optional]
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 Tsp chopped tomato
- 3 dashes bottled hot pepper sauce [optional]
- 1 20 cm or 8-inch flour or whole wheat tortilla, warmed
- Prepare turkey bacon according to package direction; crumble and set aside.
- Coat a medium nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat the skillet over medium heat, add sweet pepper, cumin and [if desired] crushed red pepper.
- Cook and stir until the sweet pepper is tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add egg, cook without stirring until mixture begins to set on the bottom and around the edge.
- With a spatula or large spoon, lift and fold the partially cooked egg mixture so the uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes or until egg mixture is cooked through but still moist and glossy.
- Stir in bacon, tomato and [if desired] hot pepper sauce.
- Spoon onto tortilla and roll up.
Note: Wrap tortillas in microwave save paper towels, microwave on high for 15 seconds or until softened.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 5g
Total Carbs: 29g
Dietary Fiber: 3g
Very lean meat: 1
Carb choices: 2