Turkish Stew or tava
This is a delicious Turkish dish. The recipe for tava does not have to be exact, you can add more or less of your ingredients to taste. The secret ingredient for the Turkish taste is the red peppers. Serve over brown rice.
- 20 ml or 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 455 gr or 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 2½ cm or 1 inch cubes
- 110 gr or 1/3 (12 ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 2/3 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 115 gr or 2/3 (6 ounce) jar mushrooms, drained
- 2/3 onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 300 gr or 2/3 (16 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 175°C or 350°F Lightly grease a medium casserole dish.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the chicken until juices run clear.
- Puree the roasted red peppers in a blender or food processor until smooth. In the prepared casserole dish, mix the cooked chicken, roasted red peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 8g
Total Carbs: 7.3g
Dietary Fiber: 1.8g