- 705,487 visitors
- Wise Words #103 April 21, 2014
- Wise Words #102 April 19, 2014
- A Dogably PAWfect Day – Easter April 19, 2014
- TMI – Tax Time 2014 April 18, 2014
- Salad Time #1 April 17, 2014
- A Dogably PAWfect Day #133 – Sleepy April 12, 2014
- TMI – In the spring a young man’s fancy lightly turns to thoughts of love… April 11, 2014
- La Cucina – Asparagus April 10, 2014
- Color On The Fields April 9, 2014
- Wise Words #102 April 8, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
Also visit Ms Truvy & the Tramp and their human bunny Sean @ Just A Jeep Guy.
1. Have you finished your taxes or are you just getting started?
In this country it’s due before April 1. I started collecting all the stuff at the beginning of February and handed it in early March.
2. Do you do your taxes yourself or do you use a service?
I use an accountant, business and private weave in and out.
3. How are you at keeping records and receipts?
Everything is paid by bank, I keep certain posts like insurance, local taxes, water, electricity and mortgage on lists.
4. How ‘creative’ do you get?
My accountant knows the tricks of the trade, he does it for me.
5. What do you think about the amount of taxes you pay?
As in every country of the world they are high, but on the other hand you get a lot back in services. 50 percent of what you will receive gross goes to taxes, the more you earn the more tax you pay. Something certain people in the USA (the 1%) would hate.
6. What do you plan to do with your refund?
Refund?! I’m glad if I don’t have to pay extra.
Have you ever ‘paid’ an IRS agent personally?
Everything is done electronical, you even sign electronical and payment is done that way too. But I get your drift with ‘paid’, no I haven’t paid the man of the Blue Enveloppe.
*BTW our IRS or Belastingdienst have a slogan: We can’t make it more enjoyable, only easier. Even their logo with a straight ‘l’ and the rest in Italics is a reference to bookkeeping.
Makes 4-6 servings
Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 0 minutes
- 80 ml or ⅓ cup fresh lime juice
- 120 ml or ½ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 gr or 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ gr or ⅛ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 (425 gr) or 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 250 gr or 1½ cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 avocado – peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 25 gr or ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Place lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper in a small jar.
- Cover with lid, and shake until ingredients are well mixed.
- In a salad bowl, combine beans, corn, bell pepper, green onions, and cilantro.
- Shake lime dressing, and pour it over the salad.
- Stir salad to coat vegetables and beans with dressing.
- Add the tomato and avocado very last, after mixing the dressing in with the other ingredients, and serve.
Note 1: You MUST use fresh lime juice, not that icky stuff in a plastic lime, if you want great flavor.
Note 2: Make it with a little twist, add 225 gr or 8 oz. of bow tie pasta and double the dressing to compensate. It makes a great pasta salad!
Note 3: For a lower fat alternative to the oil based dressing – replace all the oil with ¾ cup tomato juice and add ¼ tsp. cumin, ½ tsp. oregano and half a seeded jalapeno, process until smooth.
Note 4: Add crushed baked tortilla chips.
Amount Per Serving Main recipe.
Total Fat: 24.5g
Saturated Fat: 3.3g
Total Carbohydrates: 35.1g
Dietary Fiber: 12.2g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat only half a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20140417-Black-Bean-Corn-Salad
Okay, not all of them are dogs.
Also visit Ms Truvy & the Tramp who both like a good nap, and their human Sean @ Just A Jeep Guy.
1. Who was the first person to say, “I love you!” to you?
My Mum, after I was born.
2. Who was the first person you said, “I love you!” to?
My then BF, of course it was the wrong moment, the next day we broke up.
3. Love at first sight or a love that grows?
Love that grows, haven’t met the ‘first sight’ one yet.
4. Who was the love that got away?
OMG! That was so long ago
5. One true love or more than one?
More than one, but in the end I was again single.
6. Have you ever regretted saying, “I love you.”?
7. Are love songs silly?
Not when you’re in love.
8. What’s your favorite love song?
I have none.
9. Are you a romantic?
I think I am, it just never worked out.
Have you ever said, “I love you.” in the heat of sex? Does that count?
No, I haven’t or that I recall. I don’t think that counts its a spur of the moment thing.