Yesterday afternoon the yearly Pride Walk started again on Mercatorplein, smack in the middle of ‘Little Morocco’. I was one of the Crew with a matching T-shirt. All photos are by Pieter Dammen.
An unplanned day is sometimes a good one. Yesterday was such a day. I promised my ‘boss’ I would visit the Kröller-Müller museum sculpture gardens to see one of the projects members of our Guild helped to make and construct. Officially I would go last Sunday, but due to the weather forecast I stayed home.
Yesterday, it was Sunny, a bit windy and some clouds, but great to travel. A bus from Valys picked me up at home and brought me and my electric scooter to the entrance of the Hoge Veluwe National Park. Some 62 miles / 100 km from Amsterdam. If you go there buy tickets in advance (e-ticket).
From the entrance to the museum is about 2 miles / 3 km, you can take a free white bike and cycle all the way, while you sniff the smell of pines, and for a change they don’t come out of an aerosol can. Or drive by car (beware you buy a parking ticket too when you buy your tickets online.)
I just went to see The Circle of Clothing, a project by Pet van de Luijtgaarden, he’s a collector of collections. 100 designers and tailors worked together on this project, a fifth of them members of the Guild.
Afterwards I drove further into the park on my way to Jachtslot St Hubertus, the summer residence of the former owners of the grounds. Next time I buy a ticket in advance just to see the interior of that building, a Gezamtkunstwerk by architect / designer Berlage.
BTW, the second largest collection of paintings by Van Gogh hangs in the Kröller-Müller Museum. So what you’ve missed at the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam, can be seen there.
Makes 6 servings
Prep: 15 minutes
Marinate: 8 hours
Cook: 15 minutes
- 60 ml or ¼ cup distilled white vinegar
- 80 ml or ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 80 ml or ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 60 ml or ¼ cup sherry
- 20 gr or 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 10 ml or 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 75 gr or ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 10 gr or 2 tablespoons lemon pepper
- 2 gr or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 gr or 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 6 gr or 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- In a large glass bowl, stir together the vinegar, oil, soy sauce, lime juice, lemon juice, sherry, mustard, and honey.
- Mix in the garlic, brown sugar, lemon pepper, oregano, rosemary, and salt.
- Place the chicken in the mixture.
- Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate.
- Discard marinade, and place chicken on the grill.
- Cook 6 to 8 minutes per side, until juices run clear.
Note 1: Don’t be freaked out by the long list of ingredients, most of them are in your pantry!
Note 2: Cube the breast before you add them to the marinade. Afterwards put them on skewers and grill them.
Note 3: Add about 1 tablespoon of corn starch to the marinade. The marinade thickens up a bit and helps to retain the extra moisture in the chicken. Helps both on the breast or the vcubed version.
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat only half a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20140731-ST06-Grilled-Chicken
Since Pride Amsterdam starts today I wanted to put on some Rainbow Dogs in this post, but I’ve done that before and they would have been the same ones as last year. So these colorful collage dogs are in their place.
Also visit Ms Truvy & the Tramp, and their human Sean @ Just A Jeep Guy.
2. What’s your style? Boxers, briefs, thongs, panties?
Boxer-briefs, that stretches 5 ways.
3. Colors, patterns, superheros, etc?
At the moment this style only comes in black or red, I choose the black ones with small red details. BTW the red ones have small black details.
4. If and when you’re living together, do you match or not? Is laundry a consideration?
I live alone but I took in consideration a whole pink outfit in case I washed the red boxer-briefs with the rest of my stuff.
5. Is there anything as sexy as a classic brief tan line on a bubble butt?
No there isn’t, just don’t look for me on the beach or another sunny spot to suntan. I may have colored arms and some color on my face but for the rest I’m as pale as cooked chicken.
How much of an exhibitionist are you?
Not at all, you should re-read # 5 again.
This gallery contains 7 photos